Please refer to the “MRC Checkout Center” Menu tab for specific directions on how to use the MRC Equipment Checkout.
Here are the updated standard loan policies for 2022-23:
All checkout loans are for 5 business days.
The return of all checked out equipment is due back 30 minutes before closing on the fifth business day
The MRC Checkout hours are:
Monday to Friday
8:30 AM-7:30 PM in Fall and Spring semesters.
9:00 AM-5:00PM for Wintersession and Summer
Renewals are not guarantied and are based on current inventory.
If you need equipment after your return, you will need to wait until the next day to pick up again. This will provide time for the equipment to be tested and made ready for checkout and maximize the available inventory for the RISD Community.
The current late fees are $10 per day flat fees
Late is defined as: Returned on the day following the return due date. (or later)
RISD is continuing to offer three types of loans of laptops:
- Laptop loaner program: Semester long loans are available to Students who have needs due to not owning a laptop, financial constraints, etc.
- Staff and Faculty: Please send your inquiry for this type of qualifying loan directly to David Chandler, Supervisor, RISD Media Resources @ firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
- Repair loaners: RISD MRC has a small cache of dedicated loaners for those who are having their RISD machine repaired. These loans are typically for 10 business days.
- Proof of repair status or shipping conformation must be sent to RISDMRC@risd.edu in order to approve this type of loan.
- Standard loans: As with all checkout inventory, these loans are for 5 business days, at which time the equipment must be returned.
You will need to sign the loan agreement when you pick up.
Please see the following documents for full Loan agreement forms