RISD is continuing to offer three types of loans of laptops for Fall 21:
- Laptop loaner program: Semester long loans are available to those who have needs due to not owning a laptop, financial constraints, etc. Please send your inquiry for this type of qualifying loan directly to David Chandler, Supervisor, RISD Media Resources @ firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
2. Repair loaners: RISD MRC has a small cache of dedicated loaners for those who are having their machine repaired. These loans are typically for 2-4 weeks.
3. Standard loans: As with all checkout inventory, these loans are for 5 business days, at which time the equipment must be returned and may be rechecked depending upon availability.
You will need to sign the loan agreement when you pick up.
There are three ways to access the RISD queues in QLess:
- From the MyRISD App (or my.risd.edu from your computer) – click the Queuing & Appointment (QLess) tile and select the desired queue.
- From the QLess App – Download the QLess app from the Google Play Store or the App Store. Search for Rhode Island School of Design or RISD Media Resources to connect to the desired queue.
- Via Text message – text RISD to 401-337-8616 to join a queue.
For additional information and links to download the QLess app visit our QLess page.